Today, we all want to make a difference in the World and do our bit for the environment, at home we have different recycling bins so we are not sending recyclable packaging to landfill sites. Out and about when we are also in shopping centres, towns and cities there are recycling bins everywhere to help us. Why not make sure you run a sustainable event?
When running a conference or event at Shine we like to encourage you to hold more sustainable events and sustainable meetings, here are a few tips on how you can do the same.
- Try to be as paper free as possible – add a web link to your presentation!
- If paper or handouts are used please look for the re-cycled paper mark when purchasing stationery – you can also look for FSC certification (Forest Stewardship Council)
- Use responsible suppliers – look for associations and recommendations
- Giveaway gifts are a good way to remind delegates about your organisation.
- Ensure gifts can be re-cycled and that gifts are useful and will be used and not thrown away. Even better buy gifts which are made of re-cycled material – try www.ec-ecogifts.co.uk
- Encourage delegates to car share, cycle and travel together.
- There are many sites that can co-ordinate car sharing
- Try to be as accurate as possible with delegate numbers in order not to waste food
- Does your venue use fair trade and local suppliers?
- Request re-cycled paper bins for your conference / meeting rooms
- Turn off lights during breakout times or when natural daylight can be used
- Choose a venue that takes sustainability seriously – ask for their sustainability policy!
- Pass on this information to your delegates, help them to make the right choice
- Finally – enjoy your event knowing you have gone that extra mile to make your event more sustainable!
Give us a call at Shine and we will make sure you have a fantastic and sustainable event.
0113 388 0000