Why is Shine Different? Why should you use Shine for your conference, meeting or catering?
This is a question that I get asked on many occasions. To answer I usually say:
‘Because We Care’.
That is often something a company will say but not really mean, however at Shine we actually mean it!
I have a saying ‘Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care‘. This is definitely true. I know I only ever want to visit, buy or use a venue where the people care about me and my business. We are a society of people who care and when that isn’t true it is genuinely upsetting. At Shine everyone who works there cares about what they do, our customers and the work behind the business.
What is the work behind the business? Well I think that question can be answered firstly by explaining, what the business is:
Shine is a Leeds based conference and event facility, providing; conference, meeting, events and office space, in a beautiful Grade II listed building, together with delicious outside catering, a café and art gallery, but with a difference.
So, what is the work behind the business?
Shine is an inspirational place with amazing service, it is also a social enterprise. We are constantly looking for new opportunities to raise aspirations and create opportunities for our local community by;
- Social Impact initiatives
- Supporting Children & the Community
- Supporting People with Convictions
- Supporting Entrepreneurs in Leeds
Shine is extremely involved in the local community with so many social impact initiatives. Below are a few of the many things we do:
- Creating a community garden – read our blog about how Vodafone helped us create it Shine Community Garden
- Garden plots for the local school children to grow edible plants and learn about fresh food. Check out the Children gardening
- Involvement in the ‘Keep Harehills Tidy’ campaign. You can get involved too
- Helping Entrepreneurs start their business in a hotdesk facility and see them grow into a full office at Shine
- Supporting ex-offenders from Askham Grange Womens Prison with training and providing paid employment so that they can get back into the workplace and get a fresh start. Here more from one the ladies who came through this.
If you want to make a positive social impact, hold your meeting or order your catering from Shine today.
So, if you’re planning an event in the Leeds area and need some meeting or conference space to hold it in, contact Shine for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 388 0000.