Is Online booking for Meeting Rooms the future?
Booking meeting rooms needs to be as easy as possible as we all have busy lives and searching for a venue that has the right space to fit your budget can take time. Obviously and I need to say it! If you want Leeds you just need to get in touch with one venue and that’s us here at Shine! (Smiley face, wink wink!)
Way back when the airlines starting online booking it was thought that it wouldn’t catch on and people always wanted to use a Travel Agent to book a flight. Well that thought definitely changed with the comparison sites like Expedia.com and now Kayak.com etc and the same with hotels with the likes of Booking.com etc.
So is the next ‘Norm’ online bookings for meetings and events? It’s already here but venues aren’t really there yet with it. There are reasons for that which are things like:
- There are so many variations to a meeting it’s not as simple as a date and time
- There are a lot of different options that can be booked
- Budgets, can venues be flexible if you book a room hire only or if you want a number of different things can they give you a deal for the package
- If you have a number of meeting rooms to book over different dates would it be easier for a person to look at it all for you rather than you checking all the dates?
- Can the venue do you a deal if you book 10 or more dates in one go?
- The personal touch is important.
There are also so many positives:
- You know exactly what is available immediately and if you can book it there and then wouldn’t that be great!
- You don’t have to wait for a venue to come back to you.
- You can book a meeting room any time of the day, so if you forgot to book it you can get online any time of the night and book it.
- You don’t need to speak to anyone – Now this one is a funny one for me as I like to talk to people and in the world today conversation is getting less and less in business. When in Hospitality the personal touch is very important.
- Once you have made the basic booking so you know you have the room confirmed you can then call and speak to someone and get that personal touch and finalise the details.
It’s a funny one. I think it’s a difficult one to answer with a simple yes or no really because some people prefer to talk and sort everything and others prefer to do everything online. We shall have to see.
I’d like to ask for your help as I would love to know what you think.
Let us know your thoughts by answering a couple of questions by Clicking Here
We Believe in Making a Difference and you can too by simply using shine. Help us make the next 10 years as good or even better!
If you’re planning an event in the Leeds area and need some meeting or conference space to hold it in. If you need some outside catering or office space, contact Shine for more information on email@example.com or 0113 388 0000.