We hope you are keeping you and yours safe by following the government guidelines regarding COVID-19 https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
We are lucky in some respects, because Shine is made for the new normal. We have plentiful space, lots of sunlight throughout the building, high ceilings, and natural ventilation. These design elements, put in place during the Victorian era, are now surprisingly modern.
While the design of Shine is helpful, we complement this with support for people interacting in our space. Of course, we will continue to update our approach as new information warrants, but the pillars of our strategy to support healthy interactions in Shine now comprises the following: hygiene, distancing, screening, and masks.
- Cleaning— all surfaces, especially high touch areas, multiple times per day.
- Hand washing — access to touch-less washing stations with signage to remind folks of good practice.
- 2 metres is the mantra. We make distancing easier with floor markings, Perspex partitions, and new room layouts.
- The free meeting spaces have been adapted for two person use only and we are asking that casual meetings in the atrium and other areas adhere to distancing measures.
- The lift remains available for disable persons only. It is limited to one person and if necessary a carer.
- We are asking staff to confirm they are well and symptom free before entering Shine each day.
- We are asking our staff to stay home if they suffer from any symptoms and especially if they feel unwell.
- We will be instituting temperature checks for our staff in the future, although this is really just a secondary safeguarding measure.
- We are re-educating our staff on safe working conditions, which includes not attempting to work while sick. We would encourage you to do the same with your staff.
- Temporarily, while our staffing levels are lower than normal, we are leaving the front doors locked, to limit access to the building to tenants and pre-arranged meetings. Our cafe remains closed.
We are requiring all staff to wear masks while in the building. While we continue to work towards a standard and sustainable mask solution, you may see staff with different kinds of masks on from time to time. We would be grateful if you would follow government guidelines and please wear a mask while in the public areas of Shine.
These four pillars, when practiced together, have been shown to be extremely effective in significantly limiting the spread of COVID19 in hospital settings, so they should make Shine a comfortably safe place to work.
To further ensure the safety of our people and given the current trading conditions for catering and conferencing, we will be operating with a limited staff team for the summer. We’d be grateful for your patience, if our service level drops below our normally high expectations.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adhere to changing government guidelines.